Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Why I Loved DonorsChoose.org

I've been playing around with different topic ideas for my first blog post. Would people want to read about my thrifting excursions? My girl-crush on Nicole Curtis? My complete and utter devotion to triple cream brie?

But yesterday, the perfect topic arrived in the mail:




A few months ago, my husband, Kenny, and I decided to fund a teacher through DonorsChoose.org. This awesome program connects teachers and classrooms in high-need areas with people who are willing to donate money. Much like Kickstarter, donors can search for projects, teachers, and classrooms to fund.

We chose to fund Ms. Cox, a very talented teacher who was trying to start a gifted program in a low-income school. Ms. Cox served as my adviser during my own student teaching days a few years ago, so I was overjoyed to get the chance to support her and her students!

Ms. Cox used our money to purchase Language Arts units as well as Solar System materials for her elementary school students. And in return, we got hearts full of happiness and some adorable cards.

It didn't costed a lot, Kate.
Because Donorschoose.org matched our donation!


In case you can't tell, it says, "Wee Thank you!" 
Don't you want to be thanked from a rocket ship??

Kenny and I had a wonderful experience supporting this teacher's classroom, and I'd love to encourage you to fund a project yourself! Having been a teacher , I can assure you that every little bit counts. You can search for projects here: http://www.donorschoose.org/
This entry was posted in

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Drop a note below!