Sunday, April 19, 2015

Thrifting: April 2015



With spring finally arriving in Minnesota (they weren't kidding about the 6 month winters), this weekend felt like a good time to do some spring shopping. Since I'm more of a thrift shopper than a mall-goer, I headed over to Plato's Closet and Turnstyle to find some new pieces. And I'm so happy with what I found!

1. Gold Ann Taylor Peep-Toe Pumps - $15.00

I once had a pair of shiny gold heels that I adored. Unfortunately, I loved them to death, and I've been wearing my boring black works heels ever since.



When I saw these shoes in Turnstyle, it was love at first sight. Not only are they well made, GOLD, and the perfect height, they also have a semi-wedge heel (there's probably a technical name for it, but I'm too lazy to google it) so they are very easy to walk in. I wish I could wear them with everything!


2. Navy Blue Gap Skirt - $10.00

I've been searching for a full skirt in a basic color like navy or white, so I was very happy to find this one. It's a tiny bit shorter than I would have preferred, but I'm still very happy with it. Plus it has pockets!

I took this picture in the Turnstyle dressing room, and now I desperately want a huge mirror in my bedroom. 


I paired the skirt with the Alantis Lace Top from my last Stitch Fix and the Ann Taylor pumps.
Same outfit, but from the comfort of my own home. Did I mention I love these shoes?

3. Peach / Coral Celebrity Pink Jeans - $13.00

I feel like I see peach and mint skinny jeans all over Pinterest but I can't seem to find them in a store to save my life! These jeans were a bit long, but the ends tuck under nicely. I think I'm going to hem them and take them in a bit at the ankle so that they have a slightly more flattering shape. But I'm so happy to have finally added a pair to my closet! Even if I'm still figuring out how to style them...

I tried them with a black blouse this morning.



But I think I like the jeans color better with lighter tops, so I tried a grey blouse (from my days working in a boutique in SoHo) and a leopard print belt.



I think my favorite look is pairing the jeans with the lace top though. The top is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces!



4. Navy Charlotte Russe Dress - $8.00

This dress is comfortable, flattering, and it has pockets! (As far as pockets are concerned, this was a fabulous thrifting haul.) I paired this dress with the gold heels and necklace again. Have I mentioned that I love these heels? The straps of this dress do have a tendency to fall down, so I'm going to add a pin or a snap or something of that nature to keep it in place. But it should be an easy fix for such an inexpensive dress!


So what do you guys think? Any styling tips for the jeans? Are you all as in love with pockets as I am? And have you gotten a chance to go thrifting yourselves? I'd love to see your finds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Drop a note below!