Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Our First Apartment: A Farewell Tour


As many of you know, I'll be starting a new job in just a few short weeks. And while Kenny and I won't be leaving the Twin Cities, we will be leaving our apartment. My new position is live-in so, while we've only lived in our current apartment a few months, we'll be relocating (and downsizing) at the end of June. We're both very excited about the move, and I'm looking forward to decorating a new place, but I'm definitely sad to leave our first apartment behind. Before I begin disassembling and packing up, I wanted to capture our first shared home at its best. Take a look, then let me know what you think in the comments! (Please excuse the wonky lighting and iPhone quality photos.)

Entry Way




Living Room




We're really going to miss our beautiful view. 




Bedroom


 

 
 


I'm  in love with these flowers. Please excuse their presence in nearly every room.

Guest Bedroom








Bathroom
I never really got to spruce this up as much I had hoped to, but I'm still pretty happy with where this ended up. 




Kitchen





Thoughts, dear friends? What should come with us to the new apartment? What should head to storage?

10 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful! I like the bathroom art and the whole guest bedroom. Have y'all seen the new apartment yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cory!

      I have seen the new apartment, but Kenny hasn't - he's placing his blind trust in me! Hopefully everything works out okay :)

      Delete
    2. I'm really excited for y'all! I can't wait to get up there!

      Delete
  2. I love your light color palette Ellen--and all the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! We're getting our first apartment in August and I hope I can make it as cute as this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeleine! And good luck with your move! (Any chance you'll put pictures of the new place up on your blog? I'd love to see it!)

      Delete
    2. I definitely will! Would love your input ;)

      Delete
  4. Its good that you took pictures, they will become treasured nostalgia in future years. My advice for packing; those things in the apartment that you haven't touched in a year should not follow you to your new place. If you haven't touched it, you probably will not have a need for it. This would include clothing, craft items, linens, and even pieces of furniture.

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I would have taken photos of the first apartment my husband and I lived in. It was a quaint little townhouse apartment, and it's quite similar to yours. I just hope that you've prepared well for your big move! Hope that your new home will be filled with better memories!

    Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me give you a simple tip on ensuring that your move will be smooth. Find a realtor. Take a few minutes and go to Facebook fan groups. In your town you will have a rant and rave section, and plenty of people will have their opinions on how a realtor treated them. Spot a pattern, you have your realtor right there.

    Julia Stewart @ Daytona Buyers Agent

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Drop a note below!